Utility Billing Information
You should receive your bill the first week of every month. You may choose to receive your bill by mail or email. To receive your bill by email, register for e-billing through our Action Center. The due date of the bill is printed on the upper right hand corner of your bill. Your water bill has two amounts due, net and gross. The net amount is to be paid before or on the due date. The gross amount is to be paid if you pay the bill after the due date.
- Pay your bill through the City of Ridgeland mobile app, available free in the app store through iTunes and Google Play.
- On-line at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/ridgelandms (You will pay a $1.25 technology fee and a 3% transaction fee for this service.)
- Drop Box located near the front entrance of Ridgeland City Hall at 100 W. School Street.
- U.S. Mail
- Bank draft (Bank Draft Authorization Form [pdf])
- Electronic Billing
- In person at Ridgeland City Hall located at 100 W. School Street, Ridgeland. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays. We accept cash, check, money order, Visa and Mastercard for payment. Debit cards are not accepted. There is a 3% surcharge on credit card payments.
Water and sewer charges are based on your water consumption. If you use more water, your sewer charges will increase as your water charges increase. Remember, if you are watering your lawn, you are also paying sewer on that water, unless you have a separate meter for your sprinkler system.
Base flat fees are charged for water and sewer usage. Fees are charged for every thousand gallons of water used. Rates change every February 1. Contact the Utility Billing office for the most up-to-date rates.
The City of Ridgeland contracts with Waste Management, Inc. for city garbage removal and recycling collection. There is a mandatory fee for both services in the City of Ridgeland. If you do not have a recycling cart provided by the City of Ridgeland, please call Public Works at 601.853.2027 to arrange for pick-up or delivery.
Late charges are calculated as 10% of the current month’s bill. If your account becomes two months past due, it will be subject to disconnect. A disconnect notice will be sent via phone call or text. Please make sure your phone number and/or cell number are up to date with the utility billing department. A fee of $25 will be charged if your bill is not paid by 5 p.m. on the late notice due date. There is also a fee of $30 charged for a non-sufficient funds check. In order to prevent late charges, please pay your bill as soon as possible after it is received.