Q: When should I call 911?

A: 911 calls should be made in the following instances: reporting crimes in progress, aggravated assault, rape, robberies, or vehicle accidents with injuries. Calls for ambulance and fire should also use 911. Emergency calls requiring the assistance of the fire department, police department or an ambulance are handled by the city’s dispatch center. Non-emergency police calls can be made to the Public Safety Communications Center at 601.856.2121. Calls can be made to this number concerning auto theft, larceny, gas drive-offs, animal control, vehicle accidents with no injuries, and reports of suspicious behavior. Citizens are also encouraged to call this number with any questions they have about the police department. Non-emergency calls for the Fire Department may be made to 601.856.7004.

Q: When can I call Animal Control?

A: Animal Control may be called to report a missing animal. Many pets are reunited with their owners because the owners called Animal Control. If the general location is known, they will help you look for your pet, too. The routine working hours for animal control is 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Calls for missing, injured or dangerous animals are taken anytime. Animal control will take calls at anytime for dogs that cause a nuisance with barking or howling. Officers will address the situation with the dog’s owner.

Q: Where can I obtain a copy of an accident report?

A: Please visit www.reportbeam.com.

Q: What are your hours of operation?

A: Police services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. If you need to reach the administration department or court services, please come by or call from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Q: When can I schedule fingerprinting?

A: Employment and licensing fingerprinting is conducted on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. A $10 fee must be paid upfront.

Q: How do I register my pit bull?

A: Pit bulls are banned in the City of Ridgeland. For further information, contact AnimalControl@www.ridgelandms.org.

Q: Who do I call for Court Services?

A: Court Services may be reached at 601.853.2001 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call for information about fine amounts and court times.

Q: What do I do if I have questions about an existing case?

A: Contact the Police Department with the case number, address of incident and complainants name.